Bipolar Disorder Treatment in Gurgaon & Delhi | Dr Anil Yadav
Do you experience mood swings quite often? Do changes in your mood interfere with your normal life? Well! Most people encounter mood changes at some point in their life, but people who experience more intense and frequent mood changes are due to bipolar disorder. The impact and frequency of bipolar disorder may vary from person to person. If you are looking for a bipolar disorder treatment in Gurgaon, try consulting Dr. Anil Yadav, an eminent and highly experienced doctor who provides best treatment and care to the patients suffering from bipolar disorder.
Bipolar Disorder can be defined by the manic episodes that last at least one week at a given time, or when they are quite intense and severe in nature that the affected individual needs professional medical care and the treatment of bipolar disorder in Gurgaon. Depressive symptoms can also be relentless, and occasionally a patient may experience both manic and depressive symptoms at a time. This may require the best bipolar disorder treatment in Delhi to alleviate the symptoms.
Cyclothymic Disorder is less severe in nature as compared to Bipolar I and Bipolar II. It can progress to the more difficult stages of the disease in later life, especially without treatment and thus needs bipolar disorder treatment as early as possible.
Unspecified Bipolar Disorder refers to the term that describes bipolar symptoms experienced by individuals who are lacking other signs of the disease and thus needs earliest bipolar disorder treatment.
What is bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder also known as bipolar mood disorder or manic depression is a mental health condition characterized by extreme mood shifts ranging from mild depressive symptoms to manic highs. The extreme shifts in the mood can interfere with the day to day life activities of a person. People with bipolar disorder may also experience delusions, psychosis, hallucinations, and paranoia. People suffering from bipolar disorder can lead a happy and productive life with appropriate treatment and support.
What are the Symptoms of Bipolar disorder?
- Variations experienced in energy levels (normal to high)
- Altered sleep cycle and its pattern
- Difficulty in concentrating and focussing, unwanted thoughts, false belief of superiority.
- Difficulty in reaching to conclusions and making evaluative opinions.
- Feeling elated or euphoric
- Feeling intense levels of self-confidence, self-importance and self-esteem
- Observing intense to moderate levels of mood changes and episodes
- Irritability, risk taking behavior, aggression, agitation, crying, extreme desire for sex, and frustration
- Sensitivity to noises
- Weight loss or weight gain.
- Fatigue and rapid speaking
All the above mentioned symptoms of bipolar disorder can dramatically impact a person’s personal and professional relationship along with other aspects of life.
What are the Causes of Bipolar disorder?
Even though the exact etiology behind bipolar disorder is unknown. A combination of factors is known to cause bipolar disorder. Some of these factors include:
- Genetic factors: Genetic trait is the most common factor involved to cause Bipolar disorder. Research studies claim that an individual is likely to suffer from a Bipolar disorder when someone in the family also tends to suffer from the same condition. Apart, from these there are many other genetic features that may lead to bipolar disorder.
- Chemical alterations in brain or Biological traits: An imbalance in the neurotransmitters or hormones that modify the brain action may also play an important role in leading to bipolar disorder and its associated symptoms.
- Environmental factors: Traumatic life events, where an individual is subjected to continuous abuse, or chronic mental stress, due to loss of someone causing a significant impact on the person. All of these environmental factors may trigger an initial episode in a vulnerable person.
What are Treatment options available for bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder treatment in delhi & gurgaon aims to enhance and stabilize the person’s mood, while reducing the frequency and severity of symptoms arising from the disorder. The goal of the treatment is to help the person function constructively in their day to day life.
There are various treatment options and their combination therapy available which include:
- Treatment through Medication
- Counseling by recognised counsellor
- Physical intervention
- lifestyle Modification
Your doctor may consider various factors in order to diagnose the disease correctly, and find a suitable treatment for them. It is because symptoms may vary widely between individuals and each individual with bipolar disorder may react differently with treatment.
Why choose Dr. Anil Yadav for a better bipolar disorder treatment?
Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric illness characterized by periods of mania (or high mood) followed by periods of depression. These periods may be as long as a few years for some people, which can get a little difficult to diagnose and treat. Patients suffering from bipolar diseases can sometimes be a threat to themselves as well as others around them. When going through the depressive phase, many patients can have suicidal thoughts, and it becomes essential that they receive the medical help they need at that point. During phases of mania, these patients can be very motivated and hyperactive. They tend to indulge in a lot of self-destructive behavior like excessive shopping, gambling, getting involved in fights, etc. Thus, these patients need proper medical treatment and rehabilitation treatment in gurgaon or delhi to lead happy lives every day. A qualified professional must treat this disease in a safe environment equipped to handle all kinds of situations. Dr. Anil Yadav provides bipolar disorder treatment in Delhi at their medical center. Dr. Anil Yadav is a well-known psychiatrist in Delhi who has treated many patients with varied psychiatric illnesses. Bipolar disorder is one of them. He is well equipped with the knowledge on how to treat and handle patients with bipolar disorders. He has one of the best bipolar disorder treatments in Gurgaon and Delhi. At his facility, patients are treated in a reasonable, scientific manner, and they get the best services available if they are admitted. He has completed his MD psychiatry from the prestigious institute of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi. He has worked as a psychiatrist for many years and has exposure to different kinds of psychiatric illnesses.
How Bipolar Disorder Treatment Benefits the Affected Individuals?
Different treatment options are available for bipolar disorder. It is a long-term condition and therefore needs ongoing care. Top-notch bipolar disorder treatment in Gurgaon can be immensely beneficial to the ones suffering from mental illness. The treatment procedure for bipolar disorder is divided into two phases that are listed below.
Medication forms the major part of the treatment that includes the use of mood stabilizers, antidepressants, antipsychotic drugs, and anti-anxiety medications in the right combination as deemed suitable by the healthcare experts.
Therapy is immensely beneficial in treating bipolar disorder along with the right medications. Therapy proves to be of great benefit in getting better faster and at the same time, therapy helps teach in dealing with problems caused by the symptoms of bipolar disorder. The major types of therapy are described below.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – In this therapy, the doctor examines how thoughts affect the emotions in the affected individuals. The therapy helps in dealing appropriately with the negative thoughts as well as behaviors to transform into positive mode. The focus is on managing the symptoms in the right way, avoiding relapse of different triggers, and finding solutions to problems.
- Interpersonal Therapy – It focuses on present issues with relationships that help improve the way in which the affected individual relates to important persons in their life. Interpersonal therapy helps reduce stress in the affected individuals. We know that stress is a trigger for bipolar disorder, the relationship-oriented approach can prove to be immensely beneficial in reducing mood swings.
- Social Rhythm Therapy – The therapy is combined with interpersonal therapy for treating bipolar disorder. Affected individuals usually have highly sensitive biological clocks that are internal timekeepers regulating cardiac rhythms. Disruption in daily activity patterns or social rhythms hampers this clock. Thus, social rhythm therapy helps stabilize daily activities like eating, sleeping, exercising, and others. Stable social rhythms help stabilize biological rhythms that regulate mood.
Family-Focused Therapy – Living with an individual affected with bipolar disorder can be quite difficult, causing damage in the family as well as marital relationships. This therapy focuses on family issues and works with the aim of restoring a healthy as well as a supportive environment at home. The therapists also make the family members aware of the disorder and ways to cope up with the symptoms in the right way for the betterment of the overall treatment.
- Taking Mood stabilizers like Carbamazepine, Divalproex sodium, Lamotrigine, Lithium, Valproic acid.
- Antidepressant drugs like escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline (Zoloft).
- Second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs)
- To suppress the symptoms of mania anticonvulsant drugs like Acetazolamide, Diazepam, Clobazam, Frisium, Clonazepam, and others may be prescribed.
- Drugs that help treat sleep and anxiety.
Psychotherapy and counseling
- Help them recognize the events and situations that trigger their mood changes like stress and manage them accordingly.
- Help them identify the symptoms during an attack and prevent them at an early stage.
- Working on factors that help cope up with mood changes and maintaining those factors in long run to achieve for a stable mood
- A professional counsellor may also help you keep busy while recommending you to enjoy your time with family members, teachers and other colleagues.
- Following a disciplined routine.
- Checking with diet, eating fresh fruits, vegetables and a healthy diet.
- Setting up a regular sleep pattern by taking effective measures to prevent any disturbance.
- getting involved in physical activities like regular exercise.
Other queries related to Bipolar Disorder?
Here are the following queries often asked for Bipolar Disorder are following:
How to tell if someone is Bipolar – The Signs and Symptoms of a Bipolar Disorder
Why does Bipolar Disorder Lead to Suicide in Most Cases?
How is Major Depression Different From Bipolar Depression
10 Signs of Bipolar Disorder
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and urgent care. Or call — +91 83750 03702