Schizophrenia is a serious mental disease that makes a person interpret reality in an abnormal way. It is a kind of psychosis seen mainly in the older age group.
It is a severe condition that needs proper treatment and care. If you have Schizophrenia and are looking for treatment options, schizophrenia treatment in Delhi is best compared to other places because of its highly qualified professionals.
What is the Meaning of Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder. It starts with anxiety and depression and turns into Schizophrenia. It is a mental condition where the person loses the sense of realization. The person tends to interpret reality abnormally.
In Schizophrenia, the person has altered thinking. Most of the time, it is a combination of hallucinations, delusions, and highly disoriented behavior, which is not normal. Their disoriented behavior affects their daily life and everyday work activities.
You can get schizophrenia treatment in Delhi, but if the condition worsens and the symptoms get complicated, it is challenging to treat them. Every patient with Schizophrenia does not react in the same way.
Also Read : Schizophrenia Treatment, Causes, Risk Factors And All To Know
What are the Various Schizophrenia Types?
As said before, Schizophrenia is a mental illness, but all the patients suffering from the disease do not show the same signs and symptoms. Schizophrenia also has different types, and the symptoms. Thus the Schizophrenia treatment in Delhi differs for different types.
It is essential to know the type of Schizophrenia from which the patient is suffering so as to provide them with proper schizophrenia treatment and care. The different types of Schizophrenia are as follows:
This is rarely diagnosed as negative symptoms such as poor memory, lack of concentration, and slow movements are very prominent. The person does not experience severe symptoms like delusions and hallucinations.
This type of Schizophrenia is also known as disorganized Schizophrenia. It usually occurs in people in the age group of 15-25 years. People with disorganized Schizophrenia show little or no emotions in their voice tone and have blank facial expressions.
It is common among older age groups, from 45 years and above. Generally, the speech is normal, and the emotions are also not affected much. But the person shows symptoms like delusions and hallucinations.
It is the rarest form of Schizophrenia. The signs and symptoms are very different and unusual. Sudden or limited movements primarily characterize it. The patients sometimes stay silent and start mimicking other speech and actions at the next moment.
This type of Schizophrenia mainly occurs in people with a known history of psychoses. The patients do not show positive symptoms, only negative symptoms like slow movement, poor hygiene, and low concentration.
What are the Schizophrenia Symptoms?
Schizophrenia symptoms are different for different individuals, as all schizophrenic patients are not the same. Different types of schizophrenic patients show different signs and symptoms.
It is essential to know the signs and schizophrenia symptoms to diagnose its category and provide the patient with the best treatment. The various Schizophrenia symptoms are as follows.
Disorganized Speech or Thinking
Communication is impaired as the person is not able to speak correctly. The person has slurred speech, which is not normal. The patient may give completely unrelated or partially unrelated and meaningless answers.
It means the patient sees things or hears a sound that does not exist in reality. They make their world and characters which are imaginary. Hallucinations can be of any sense, but the hallucination of sounds is the most common.
These are false beliefs. Thus, the ideas are not based on reality and are imaginary. Delusions are the most common schizophrenia symptoms.
Abnormal Motor Behavior
Motor movements are disorganized and can hamper everyday activities. The patients might show bizarre postures or very inappropriate reactions or movements.
This refers to poor hygiene, lack of concentration, slow movement, and lack of emotion.
Also Read : Schizophrenia – The Psychosis Of The Human Brain
What are the Schizophrenia Causes?
Schizophrenia can hamper an individual’s life. Patients might have Schizophrenia due to several causes. Every individual is different, and the causes of Schizophrenia are also other. The fundamental cause of Schizophrenia is not known. Some of the possible schizophrenia causes are as follows.
- Natural chemicals released by the brain, including neurotransmitters, are known to contribute to Schizophrenia.
- A patient with a known history of psychosis is more prone to Schizophrenia.
- It may be a combination of genetic, environmental, physical, and psychological factors.
- Pregnancy and birth complications such as lack of oxygen and premature labor can have a subtle effect on the brain and might lead to Schizophrenia.
- Drug abuse is not one of the direct Schizophrenia causes. However, it increases the risk of getting Schizophrenia or other mental illness. LSD, cocaine, and cannabis trigger symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Trigger factors also lead to Schizophrenia, such as stress due to work, job, family issues, etc.
What is the Treatment for Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia treatment differs for different patients and the stage of Schizophrenia. If the patient has early signs and symptoms, it is easier to treat that than the patient whose symptoms have worsened. Schizophrenia treatment in Delhi is known to be effective.
People with Schizophrenia must take lifelong therapy as there is no permanent cure for the illness, and the medication provides the patient with day-to-day support. The different schizophrenia treatment options are as follows.
- Patients with acute schizophrenic episodes require an intensive level of care. They may be admitted to hospitals in psychiatry wards to take proper care.
- Antipsychotics help reduce acute schizophrenic episodes. The chemicals block the effect of dopamine in the brain and reduce the symptoms.
- Psychological treatment helps the patient to cope with Schizophrenia. The treatment modalities include family therapy, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), and art therapy.
- Voluntary or compulsory detention is for patients with severe schizophrenic episodes.
- Electroconvulsive therapy requires the patient to be under general anesthesia and receive shocks. The electrodes connect to the scalp and give shocks to reduce the episodes.
Schizophrenia is a severe mental disease that requires immediate attention and proper treatment. It is vital to notice the Schizophrenia causes of the patient and take them to professionals for proper care and treatment needs.
Dr. Anil Yadav a Neuropsychiatrist in Delhi, has tremendous experience treating different types of mental illness. So, if you are looking for schizophrenia treatment in Delhi, contact him for the best treatment needed. He will guide you throughout the treatment and help you lead a better life.